Friday, 22 April 2022

Zoe gets rescued

 Zoe here.



Oh my, oh my What a day. Such drama. Human in a panic. Calm down human, chill out, eat some grass. 

So I came in. I get physio every 6 months because I'm a mature lady. It helps to keep me comfortable. Our appointment was at 11am. Lacey was going next. 

Human arrived in good time. She did the jobs, checked on us all, filled the water and brought me in. She popped me in the school which is usual if we are early. She then sneaked off to check on Bob and Monkey where she thinks they don't know she's there.

Monkey is separate at the moment. He's looking very sad and rather lost. He has Big Treacle one side of him for a few hours a day and he knows Treacle so he likes to be over there. Bob and I are the other side. Bob has gone all macho and tries to protect me if Monkey comes near our side.



Bless him. I'm more than capable of looking after myself being the strong independent mare that I am I really don't need no boy doing the macho thing. It's calmed down a bit. The first day Bob kept charging at the trick fence. Broke a couple of posts. Human put a 2nd line of trick fencing up and that stopped Bob getting too close.

Now all Bob is doing is walking over to the fence when Monkey comes near. They have been grazing either side of the fence so it's all heading in the right direction. 

Back to yesterday and the drama. Bob was very quiet in the field, Monkey was busy eating. Human watched them for about 10 minutes. Satisfied all was well she came back. 10 mins 'til physio arrives. Human decided to give me a groom to make me look presentable. Oh heck she can't undo the gate to the school. AND she has left her phone at home.


The gate is well and truly jammed. She tries various things, nothing had any effect. She heads off to borrow someone elses phone. Luckily she knows The Stallions phone number by heart. 

She rings The Stallion to come and rescue me. The physio arrives, she tries and can't open the gate. Laceys human tries again no effect. Thinking The Stallion might have to take part of the fencing down human phones the landowner to let him know what's going on. His comment, "do whatever you have to do". 

Lacey goes first with the physio as I'm still stuck and not going anywhere.

The Stallion tries various things and eventually he manages to open the gate. He then sets about removing the bit that caused the problem so it can't happen again. Yey all hail The Stallion. What would human do without him. 

Eventually it's my turn with the physio. I'm a bit stiff and a bit wonky. My back is starting to lose muscle tone and drop. But for now I'm ok. I should be a bit more comfortable in the field. The physio Emma is happy for me to still go for wee plods which I am pleased about. 


In other news the deer are back and we have a lactating badger. Human has asked that she brings her babies when they are big enough.




We also have a squirrel who has lost the end of his tail. He seems ok about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment