Sunday, 17 April 2022

New Friend

 Bob here.


Well well well. Who'd have thought human would do this for me. Now it's no secret that I don't really like being on my own. I hate it when Zoe goes out leaving me behind. It's not too bad when Treacle is next door but she's not always there.

Earlier this week Young C came to ride Zoe. I ran about a bit and shouted a bit. Did a bit of grazing. When human, Zoe and Young C came up the bridlepath I never shouted or ran about, I just stood there. Hah human I'll show you leaving me behind. In the time it took for them all to get back to the yard. Undress Zoe and walk back to the field I made my bid for freedom. I made my way over to Rosie. She is a handsome young wench, Zoe and Treacle are old ladies, for goodness sake don't tell them I said that.

Rosie and I snogged over the fence, grazed a bit and did a bit more snogging before human very rudely came and took me back to Zoe. Rosie wasn't impressed that I had left and gave human her best mare stare. 

Anyway back to today. Human has arranged for a friend for me. Someone to keep me company when Zoe goes out and keep Zoe company when I go out. He is a 21yr old chesnut pony called Monkey. His friend went over rainbow bridge last week so he is a bit sad and on his own. His human was arranging for him to go to an old ponies home aka retirement livery. So human suggested he come live with us instead. Easier for his owners to visit as our field is right on the doorstep. Human will have more work to do but she says if it makes me happy then she will be happy.

So tomorrow he is coming to us. As long as he understands who is in charge (Zoe) and who is her 2nd in command (me) all will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment