Tuesday, 14 September 2021

Searching for sweeties

 Bob here,


Got hold of the laptop while Zoe wasn't looking.

I've been in trouble again. Oops. No nothing like that, I just got the munchies and searched the cupboard in the field for sweeties. 


Didn't find any. I did find half a bag of hay so had that instead. Unfortunately I didn't manage to put everything back before human arrived. She wasn't pleased. I don't see why, at least she got to have a bit of a clear out of all the "stuff" that has been hanging around in there.




I did redeem myself by behaving nicely with human on board. It's the first time I've been ridden in 2 months, apart from a couple of minutes a few weeks ago.

Human and mini wolf had done a parkrun earlier that day. She felt really pleased with herself at coming 1st in her age group (old) 63rd overall. Until she discovered she was the ONLY runner in her age group. Hilarious. She was the oldest runner there. 


She has only just started running again. Her knee is still not right. It's ok forward and back movements just not side to side ones. She's been told she has torn the MENiscus. Human said she knew men would be in there somewhere. Silly human. 

Human had a nice holiday. Young C did a great job of seeing to us all. she sent human updates and photos every day. Good job Young C. 


This was the view from the window of where she stayed at the Akehurst Dales Stud. Two Dales ponies out of the window. Katie (grey) and Rose. Laddie the stallion was in another field the other side of the farm with his sheep friends. Human wanted to bring them all home. Delia is no longer breeding Dales ponies. She's been breeding Dales for almost 50yrs. The 3 Dales left are all getting on a bit and will live out their lives in luxury on the farm 


On one of the hikes human and The Stallion did human thought The Stallion was having a heart attack. They were miles from anywhere, very remote, no phone signal or data signal. The Stallion after climbing a steep hill had chest pains, was grey and sweating badly. He recovered very quickly and they carried on. Brought home to human how reliant modern humans have got to being able to contact the emergency services at all times. It would have taken human about 2hrs to get back to the car to then drive to somewhere where either she got a signal or came across people. Very scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment