Thursday, 18 February 2021

I need a new home.

 Bob here. 

I've got lots to tell you,  but let me start by saying I REALLY need a new human. You won't believe what this stupid one has done to me. I can barely bring myself to tell you. Human in her stupid way decided she needed to trim my tail. I grant you it was very long, trailing in the mud and I kept standing on it. So trim it she did. Only OMG she's only gone a chopped it so short. I look stupid. I don't want to leave the field I look so bad. Some humans shouldn't have us horses. So someone please rescue me in case she does it again. I don't think I could cope with it a second time. Thank goodness my showing days are over. I don't think I could stand it with other Dales would laugh at me.

The weather here has been horrid. However thousands of years of evolution and wonderful ancestors have equipped me to deal with the cold and snow very well thank you. No I don't need a "coat". I grow my own and it does the job very well. 

Zoe isn't very well. She has a nasty injury above her eye. Human is forever on the phone to the lovely vet man Kyle. I think she talks to him more than his wife does at the moment. Vet Kyle is happy with the way Zoe's eye is healing but human is still worried. 

Now after the tail debacle Zoe and I were chatting. She is so clever sometimes. She has convinced human that carrots have healing properties. Can you believe human actually fell for it. So carrots galore it is. Now it would't be fair for Zoe to have "healing" carrots and not me so I get my share as well. Nice one Zoe. 

2 comments:

  1. I love it when they cut Icelandic horses' tails just below the hocks. It looks so sporty! I try to keep my horse's tail between his hocks and his fetlocks because I hate a thin, long tail. The hard part is trying to make it look natural with scissors. I do my best. Carrots are not cheap this time a year, .89E per kg.

    ReplyDelete