Saturday, 16 January 2021

Happy New Year

 Bob here,





Happy new year folks. It's not looking great so far. This virus thing is a nuisance. We are not going out a great deal, the weather is rubbish, it's wet and muddy BUT we have lots of grass and hay. 

We both had our teeth sorted recently. The bad news is our dentist man Tom Toothy is retiring so we've got to find a new toothy person. The only other one that comes to our yard so far is a nice lady but she uses power tools and I'm not sure what I think of that. Zoe says she doesn't care as long as it means she gets to eat, eat, eat.

Talking of eating, Zoe is holding her own with her weight. She even got to take human out recently. I too am doing ok. I'm a bit bigger than human thinks I should be but that's ok. My saddle and girth still fit unlike the first winter I stayed here when I had to get a bigger girth. How embarrassing was that? 

Our barn owl is back. Human was so thrilled to see it. She's not seen it this winter until now. Only seen one though, last year we had two. 

Human isn't impressed when I go through the fencing. Our trick tape is rather old so human had to go and buy lots of new tape. It costs a lot of carrot money I'm told. Then some nasty person has been in our field and stolen lots of our posts. They cost even more carrot money to replace. It's ok human sold some things she doesn't use anymore to get carrot money to pay for all this. Of course she could have just let us through onto all the grass then she wouldn't have needed more posts and tape would she. 

No comments:

Post a Comment